Hajj/Umrah RELIGIOUS PILGRIMAGE
All applications for the issue of Umrah visa are to be channeled through Contract Agent United World Travel. A Contract Agent is an agent which has formed suitable contract arrangements with Saudi Arabian counterparts licensed to provide transportation and accommodation services to those entering Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah and who has been granted access to the website of the Ministry of Hajj in Saudi Arabia. Note that the validity of the Umrah visa gives a maximum of one month in which to enter Saudi Arabia and subject to change without any notice. Please note, however, that the Umrah season closes on or before 15 Ramadan, which means you MUST complete Umrah and depart Jeddah or Madinah before this date. United World Travel will inform you of the necessary information required to be forwarded to the Embassy of Saudi Arabia for the purpose of the issue of your visa. In general, these requirements will include:
- A fully completed visa application form. http://www.unitedworldtravel.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SAUDI-VISA-FORM.pdf
- Your passport, valid for at least six months from the date of return ex Saudi, which includes the place of birth and the full name of the applicant (A single name in the passport is not accepted).
- PLEASE NOTE: At present a Biometric eye test and fingerprints are now not required for Hajj and Umrah travel.
- Provide two recent passport size photographs attached by paper clip to the application form. Photos should be taken against a white or very light background.
- A confirmed round trip air ticket showing travel into and out of Jeddah or Madinah / Saudi Arabia, for each person.
- A letter of Introduction – certificate from a mosque or an Islamic center stating that the applicant is a Muslim.
- Women and children should be accompanied by husband/father or a male relative (Mehram). Certified copies( by police officer or notary public) or original of proof of relationship (a marriage certificate for a wife, a birth certificate for a child indicating the names of both parents). The Mahram must travel into and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children.
- If a woman is 45 years old or older, she is allowed to go without a Mehram if she travels with an organized group or family and submits a notarized No Objection Certificate from her Mahram.
- A vaccination certificate against Meningococcal Meningitis should be attached. The certificate of vaccinations should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia and it should be valid for three years. The vaccination certificate must be with the applicant on entry to Saudi Arabia.
- New Zealand passport holder must submit an prove of residency Australia (i.e. Electricity bill, council bill,etc….)
- Non-Australian passport holder must submit copy of visa grant notice.
- Please note above documents must be submitted to United World Travel office 3 weeks before departure.
- A new fee for Hajj & Umrah which has been set by the Ministry of Hajj are that anyone who arrived on a Umrah visa for the current year will be charged an extra 2000SR,